The 1 block of NW A is now parking lots down to the southern end of the street, where the building at 18 W Central reaches A. But in 1965, it was still well populated with businesses and homes.
Miami Tin Shop relocated to 113 SE A in 1968. They were a pioneer Miami business, evidently in the same spot since 1936. Now, their “new” location is parking lot as well.
Millner-Berkey’s Appliance Center opened in 1956. It was closed by 1965. Other businesses located here include Ellis Garage, from 1927 to 1943, and Miami Nash Co. (aka Martin-Pack) from 1948 through 1955. They sold appliances here as well.