Miami likes to mess with historians. For one thing, its odd and even street numbers change up at Central and Main Streets. For another, streets get renamed. What is today BJ Tunnell Drive has also been known as 9th Street and Broadway. Making things crazier, evidently the numbering scheme traded sides between Broadway and 9th.
Broadway Grocery was first mentioned in 1948, and last mentioned in 1958.
E.W. Cox Grocery started up here in 1959 and closed up some time before 1965. It was also known popularly as Broadway Grocery. Mr. Cox at one time owned four grocery stores in town: this one, Moonwink, just a few blocks to the west on 9th, College Grocery, 811 NE 3rd, and a store at 2028 North Main.