The building at 301 E Central was erected in 1928. Apartments were upstairs, reportedly its clientele was mainly widows. Depicted above is the commons area. It formerly held two skylights. It also frequently held groups of people passing the time while relaxing and conversing. Note the windows facing out from some apartments. Several apartments had two access doors.
Originally, a boiler was installed providing steam heat.
The building was prime craftsmanship in its day. The rooms feature slim-cut solid wood floors. The commons area has wider cut wood floors. This room’s floor was refinished to its original shine.
Each kitchen came with a fold-out ironing board.
Transoms were installed above some doors for ventilation.
This lone light fixture remains from 1928. Despite minor leaks over the years, the roof is now in good shape and the interior is dry. The future looks bright for this structure.